Satin's Stain - Sk8 Satin's Stain - Sk8

MAKE A BIGGER MESS
LOVE THIS

Enteroar - Archetype Enteroar - Archetype

woah groovy stuff, man
imo the piano needed some more transparency, but it could just be my monitors.
the techno was NOICE

Enteroar responds:

ty sir :) Yea, the piano is a bit harsh.

Twin Peaks Theme Remix Twin Peaks Theme Remix

samples make everything better

Xertec - Rival Xertec - Rival

this isn't videogame music!
although the strings were corny, it was well done!

Xertec responds:

what kind of music is it? i dont know.

Masq - The Wind Masq - The Wind

well-mixed, great pacing!
i'm not a big fan of the piano part towards the middle, but that's just a personal preference.
good stuff!

jpbear responds:

appreciate it, thanks guy!

Voice Loop (WiP 10/31/11) Voice Loop (WiP 10/31/11)

i had sex one time

well, maybe i didn't... but still, this is pretty much what i would imagine it's like.
about 6 seconds long

WastedMeerkat responds:

Hah, don't worry about that. I plan to make this a lot longer. This is just the first little section I've gotten done that's presentable right now. I'm kind of learning Ableton as I make this song, so it could take a while as I get better. I'm also a weird perfectionist type that won't move on until one part sounds perfect, so... I can't see that speeding this along very much.

Enteroar - Rebirth Enteroar - Rebirth

hmm

nice chord structure and pacing,
but towards the more silent parts, try implementing a few subtle instruments, it'll add depth
the pluck sound for the melody sounded kinda like you just used the default Plucked! sound, maybe experiment with a little, although it sounds nice from the pickup it's very bright in comparison to the intro.

cool downtempo feel,
glad you diversified on the timbres a little!

overall, it was a neat song and i enjoyed it, you're pretty good with the effects (like rev cymbals and distant crash sounds, etc.) those help out a lot.

Enteroar responds:

ooo first 10 from sluchy.

Yeaa, I could of expanded more on the sound selection, but I figured this song probably doesn't have TOO much going for it haha. I'm going to be COMPLETELY honest, that sound is BARELY tweaked, and a present indeed ): It just fit D: I'll try harder with my own sounds.

I still don't understand how to make a chord progression, or rather lack of, like your songs.

Yep, wanted to stray from that basshunter sound a bit. :p

I actually put quite a bit of time into the cymbals etc, they are layered, reversed on top of each other, and compressed, delayed, reverb'ed to hell and back.

Thanks for the great review!

Enteroar - Rhythm Enteroar - Rhythm

neat shtuff

when your instruments are getting too clogged with junk, first try cutting stuff out and if it doesn't work, then record the instrument solo and paste back into the track..

or you could record the bass running up the chromatic scale and use a sampler to separate the notes. usually they're automatically assigned to keys, so you'll have your instrument without all of the effects and stuff clogging your sends and junk.

just remember to disable any reverb, convolver, or delay-type effects (of course sometimes you can leave them on, and you'll get a neat sound, but not the same thing)

Thanks for the advice :D I will try it outttt

Enteroar - Jade Enteroar - Jade

reminds me of basshunter

well, a lot of your songs do, but that's not the point,
the point is that you have a nice organization of elements, i liked it a lot.
i think if you started fiddling with the sound generators more and made songs completely from your own instruments and sounds, and took your writing to that, you'd really have something of your own!
but i'm talking out of my ass, hurr
great song, and BEE URSELF

Enteroar responds:

Haha, we make totally different music huh? But no one sounds like you :@ Thanks again fer all the stuchffz. Im really working on my sounds @:

Enteroar - Your Reflectio Enteroar - Your Reflectio

broham

good intensity.
if you want to make elektro and house, you have to mix up the drums and abberate from the uhn tiss with ALL of the instruments for the majority of the song.
it has to all groove together in a shuffle-type rhythm.
that's all i think i know, lol.
maybe i should make an elektro song and put my money where my mouth is..
but i digress, it's still a neat song, i liked the chord progression and you're finding neater instruments, which i like.
once you let go of the supersaws i'll be thoroughly impressed :D
wellp, that's all i've got.

Enteroar responds:

LET GO OF THE SUPERSAWS?!?!?!?! NEVAR. I think what makes it better is I made the instruments mah self. Thanks fer the review.